What is a Doula?
Some benefits of Doula Care:
- Achieving a more relaxed comfortable birth using all of the above-mentioned techniques therefore avoiding drugs and potential major abdominal surgery
- 60% reduction in cesarean rate
- Reduced duration of labor
- 40% reduced use of pitocin
- Reduced use of forceps and vacuum extraction
- Reduced chances of maternal fever and infection
- Fewer episiotomies if any
- Increased chance of successful breastfeeding
- Increased chance of spontaneous vaginal birth
“If a Doula were a drug, it would be unethical not to use it.”
John H. Kennell, M.D.
For more information contact: Debra Geymayr, CD, CLD, CPD @ (305)498-6722 Read More…
DONA (Doulas of North America) or CAPPA (Childbirth and Postpartum Association)