YUMMY ORGANIC RAW LEMON BARS
We are big lovers of lemons! Lemon water, lemon in juice, lemon bliss balls and especially raw lemon treats! This raw lemon slice doesn’t not disappoint on the list of lemon loves, plus it is super easy to whip up.
CRUST (spelt is delicious)
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup walnuts (any nut will work, use pumpkin seeds or oats for nut free version)
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes or 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 2 pitted dates
- 2 Tablespoon lemon zest (organic preferred)- from about 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2-3 lemons)
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (for color)
WHAT TO DO
- In a food processor, chop the dates, nuts, and salt until a dough-like consistency is formed.
- In a 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper, press the crust into the bottom in an even layer. Wet your hands slightly it is sticky.
- In a food processor or blender add the coconut flakes and process until smooth and creamy.
- To the coconut butter (that you just made or just buy coconut butter) add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Adjust sweetener as needed but remember the crust is sweet as well.
- Pour the lemon mixture onto the crust and let set in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Notes: Choose organic ingredients